Fingers crossed

I decided to break this post into 3 parts, since so much has happened in the past 18 or so hours.

Part I: My Dad
So, my dad got out of jail yesterday afternoon. And guess who he decided to ring up? My brother. My brother, who has a 4-month-old son that Dad knows nothing about. Well, Dad called Mark (after not talking to him in at least 6 months, but probably longer) asking Mark to go over to his ex-girlfriend’s house and get some stuff for him. That’s right. He wanted Mark to help him out. And my dad had the audacity to tell Mark, when it comes to calling each other, “It’s a two-way street.” Sure, yeah, OK. Let’s run-down the past 3 calls from my dad to Mark: (1) When Dad was in jail early in 2007 and asked Mark for money; (2) Called to say his life sucked and he was ending it; and (3) A call to say he was fine but needed Mark to help him out. Whenever Dad calls, it’s always when he wants something. I haven’t spoken to him in 14 months. I know he won’t call me because (a) he lost my cell phone number and (b) he knows I won’t put up with his crap. I was through with him when he went to jail when I was in high school and I told him so. I love him because he’s my dad but I hate him because he’s my dad. And Mark finally saw the light a few years ago but Dad still thinks he can mooch off Mark. And Mark’s not having any of it.

The sad thing is, my dad stayed for one night with one of his loser friends from back in the day and told Mark he’s going to a shelter today. It’s really sad because he has pushed away so many people and now has no one. He really had it good: when I was in 9th grade, he was living with my uncle free and going to school to become a barber. Unfortunately, he really messed that up. I wish I could reach out to him but I’m so afraid of getting my heart broken again.

Part II: Job hunting
In more happier news, I have a solid lead for a job. Today, after my morning class, I went to my old job because they were hiring. The minute I stepped into the building, I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I just wanted to leave. The director told me I had to have my CDA to work there (which I didn’t need when I worked there previously) so blegh. But, inside, I was happy. I was bummed because it meant I was back to square 1 but the director there is not a very nice person (she was rather rude to me). And tons of teachers have left because of her.

So I came home and called Payless, PETCO, and a bank to see if they were hiring. No on the first two and the bank was only hiring a loan officer, with which you need 5 years of experience for. So then I called another daycare since I had seen on my way to school that they were hiring. They were hiring full-time and part-time, and with the part-time position you don’t need a CDA. So I went in and applied and saw a friendly, familiar face. A girl I had worked with at the previous daycare was working there now and gave me a super-good reference. I talked with the director who seems soooo nice. The positions they have are 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. in either the infants or toddlers.

If I can get this position (especially in the infants room), I would be bursting with joy. I love, love, love, LOVE infants. It was my favorite room in my old daycare. So, fingers crossed! I should find out by Friday if I got the job. 🙂

Part III: The Dog
Well, today The Dog  had a nice, tasty treat. I was popping some popcorn and had a plate sitting by the computer on a low table. Well, on the plate were brownies (ugh, please don’t ask. We had WAY TOO MUCH food left over from the Superbowl) and the stinker ate one! It was one of those Chick-Fil-A brownies but halved so I looked online and it gave some common symptoms – none of which The Dog is exhibiting. A bad reaction would cause him to vomit, be extra hyper, and urinate frequently. He’s been sleeping for a while.

He had a really guilty look on his face, though. I stuck him in my room for a few minutes for time-out (but, really, all he does is get up on my bed and sleep…) and tried to see if maybe he didn’t really eat the brownie but I can’t find the other half anywhere. So we’ll be keeping a close eye on him! He seems fine right now.

Anyway, that’s it from here on the homefront. Gosh. I hope I get that job. That’d be sweet! The hours are perfect, too. I have my story that was due today already finished (so many people were still working on theirs…HAHA!) so I’m going to relax for a while and do a little homework. Tonight, I’m visiting my brother and precious nephew. I’ll try to get some pictures because he’s SO BIG! He’s about 18 lbs and just turned 4 months! Crazy, I tell you.


2 Responses to “Fingers crossed”

  1. Popular People » Blog Archive » Joyeeezy! Says:

    […] Fingers crossed « Season of Singleness […]

  2. shalay Says:

    Good luck with the job! That is awesome, and I hope you get it! And thank you for the sweet comments you’ve left for me on my blog, I really appreciate them. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: